If you have cats, you’ll know how they adore their sleepy time.
It might be worth it to look for comfy beds so your cat can get the best sleep of their life.
The only question is whether you want to add some spice to their nap time. If your answer to that is yes, you can try a cat hammock.
After all, if your cat spends sixteenish hours napping, it might as well do it in style. A cat hammock is comfy and lets your cat snuggle up while napping.
Plus, if you place them right, your cat can sleep while enjoying a good view.
Today, I’ll review some of the best cat hammocks on the market!
In the reviews, I’ll go into the pros and cons, my favorite things you need to know to make the right choice, and a few expert tips.
Table of Contents
Best Cat Hammocks of 2022
After all the research, I settled on six choices. Let’s see why.
1. Junspow Cat Bed Hammock – Best Overall
Just to put it out there, I love this hammock because of its convenience. The material is cotton, so it’s not bad for your cat’s skin/fur. Plus, it has a net-like texture, so it’s breathable and allows your cat to stay cool even when he or she gets hot.
At first, I thought the meshing would cause trouble for the claws, but that, fortunately, didn’t happen. Since the mesh offers added support, I can place the hammock inside or outside.
The hammock is big enough to accommodate two medium-sized cats. So, this cat bed should be enough even if you have a big cat. What’s more, the material conforms to their sleeping positions, meaning if your cats like to sleep in a ball, they’ll love it.
The material is machine washable, which makes for easy cleaning. Plus, the fabric dries quickly. The con is that you’ll have to disassemble the entire thing to wash it. As a quick tip, if you’re not actively using it, you can disassemble it and store it in a box.
One place I had a bit of a challenge was with the instructions. The seller includes a link to an assembly video with the package. But, I still found the assembly process a bit tricky. If you can get past that stage, though, this hammock is incredible.
- [Breathable material] It keeps pets feel cool and comfortable.
- [Usable both indoors and outdoors] With a rugged design, the bed is suited for everyday use, both indoors and outdoors.
- [Isolation of moisture and cold] The size is about 42x45x 23cm. Large enough to keep pets away from hot, cold or dirty floors while resting or sleeping.
- [Simple maintenance] The lid can be removed. Drainage is also great. It dries quickly in the shade. It also has a higher drying speed than polyurethane and hard cotton.
- [Conenient storage] Because the product includes basic assembly, you can fold it into a bag when not in use, so it's easy to store.
2. Pupagree Cat Window Hammock – Best Window Hammock
Indoor cats love watching things out the window, so a window hammock is excellent. I was skeptical about safety, but the Pupagree cat hammock took care of all my concerns.
The product is more secure than brands that use other technologies because it is made with steel wires and better suction cups. The frame uses ABS pipes to give a certain level of sturdiness. Just make sure you clean the windows before putting the hammock up. Otherwise, the cups could slip.
This cat hammock can accommodate two cats and has a forty-pound limit. So, if you have a big cat family, they can enjoy the hammock view. Moreover, if floor space is a problem, this hammock is a great way to solve that.
Maintenance isn’t a problem since the fabric is waterproof. If your kitten pees on it, there won’t be a huge issue. When it’s time to wash, pop the material into the laundry, and you’re good.
The hammock is strong, but you can only take advantage of that if you put it together correctly. If your cat is active, the pipes may come loose. If that’s a problem, apply some PVC glue to them.
- √Easy to install – Set up in seconds, the cat window perch can be directly installed over the window with super strong 4 giant suction cups.
- √Sturdy and durable - Thicker ABS plastic frame, 2mm strong steel wire and 3" heavy duty scution cups, these premium design make the cat window hammock hold up over 40lb and always stay well on window.
- √Advanced outdoor fabric – The Pupagree cat window perch for indoor cats mat made of double weave outdoor and Rugged Fabric which is feature water proof, quick drying, anti-scratch. The stronger support allows your cat to adapt more quickly while providing 20% more space for large cats or multi cats.
- √Extra flannel mat - The removable cozy warm flannel mat is come with the window cat perch for your cat enjoy sunbathing, napping and watching in all season.
- √Risk-free shopping – If the window perch for cats inside is considered as defective, Professional and thoughtful Pupagree customer service team always on your side for refund or replacement.
3. Rolybag Pet Cage Hammock – Perfect for Small Kittens
The Rolybag pet cage hammock is perfect for small kittens. The larger size variation will probably fit a small fully-grown cat too. I love this one because it’s ideal for summer and winter.
The hammock is double-sided. One side has fake lamb wool, so you can use this size during winter. It’s soft and provides enough warmth. The other side has oxford fabric for the summer. You can turn the hammock inside out when it’s necessary.
The hammock has sturdy nylon straps with double-row stitches. Moreover, it has stainless steel hooks, so you can easily attach them. It’s portable, so feel free to hang it anywhere, even under a chair. They include an extra adjustable strap for added support.
Cleaning is easy. Just use cold water while washing. If you want to use the washing machine, put it in a bag first so the hooks don’t damage it. Once you’re done washing, put it in the dryer.
On a final note, the hammock is a bit small. If you have a bigger pet, get something larger. Plus, you must ensure that your cat isn’t the biting type. Otherwise, it could end up chewing the hammock.
- High-quality durable materials:Please choose the suitable hammock size according to the size of your pet, the size of the pet hammock is 20 inches X 13.8 inches (length X width),the small pet hammock can be provided on both sides in any season. the wool lining provides unparalleled warmth and comfort; oxford fabric is cool in summer. the soft wool brings you warmth and comfort.
- Easy to clean: Hand wash or in washing machine,please pay attention to the metal hook to protect your hands when you wash the hammock by hand,if you use a washing machine,The hammock I would put in a garment net/sack before throwing it in the wash then heat dry.
- Portable strap: Easy to attach to crate or cage, you can hang it on the cage, used under the chair or just put on the floor as a pet mat,the hammock for cage and chair easy to be set up,It can be used where the hook can be hooked.
- Convenient hanging design: Attach to crate or cage corners with metal hooks, or hang on most chairs using the extra adjustable straps included.This Hammock bed can be installed under chairs or in cages, it is an ideal product for you to save space. and cats naturally love to hide in covered spaces.
- Best gift: This small pet hammock will be a great choice for your pets and friends who also have cute pets,this small animal hammock is the best companion for pet hospitals, families and travel, and is very suitable for small pets, such as rabbits, kittens, hamsters, ferrets, chinchillas, pet rats and other small animals.
4. Fukumaru Cat Hammock Wall Mounted – Best Wall-Mounted Hammock for Large Cats
Fukumaru’s wall-mounted cat hammock is a part of their cat furniture collection. Other products include a scratching post, cat stairs, and more. The large cat hammock has a safety railing, so your cat doesn’t roll out while sleeping.
The support structure is handmade with rubberwood, so it’s very durable. Plus, it comes with all the required hardware. If you follow the instructions carefully while assembling it, you’ll find that it’s very stable. They offer a stud for one side and anchors for the other.
You can mount it on any solid wall. Compatible wall materials include cement, solid bricks, dense stone, limestone bricks, and concrete bricks. Set-up should only take thirty minutes.
The fabric is made of fake bunny fur, which is incredibly soft. When it’s time to wash, you can simply take it off and throw it right into the washing machine. The hammock is only for one cat but can hold large breeds.
The flaw we noticed is that the anchors it comes with are for solid walls. So, if you’re planning on mounting the hammock on drywall, get your anchors. Assembly can be tricky if you’re not used to assembling this stuff alone.
- Solid Support - FUKUMARU cat hammock can hold cats weight up to 30 lbs, it passed 33 lbs / 48 h static load test and 10 lbs drop test from 12 in. Compared with average cat window perch, our cat hammock can be firmly installed on the wall without worrying about falling.
- Save Space - The cat wall furniture has ideal size for most cats to sleep or have a nap, its wall mounted design fully use vertical space. In the limited home space, leaving room for cats to rest and play.
- Premium Material - The cat shelves is made of natural rubber wood, durable and non-toxic, harmless to cats and other pets. The soft fabric is free from odor and color fading, machine washable. It can respond to cats body shape, giving them comfortable hug.
- Good for Health - The cat wall shelves caters to cats’ habit of climbing, increasing exercise and reducing the chance of obesity, good for health. Besides, it gives cats room to climb and avoid messing up home.
- Easy to Assemble - Only takes 4 steps can install the cat shelves and perches for wall, you can easily install it into the wall when you use it. Manual and all necessary hardware is included to help you assemble it.
5. Onenin Cat Cage Hammock – Handy Double-Layer Design
The Onenin cat cage hammock caught my attention because of its unique design. The hammock has a double-layer design so your cat can sleep in the hammock no matter the season.
The upper flat portion is made from cotton and linen, making it perfect for summer. Meanwhile, the lower cage has faux lamb wool for added warmth. In essence, it’ll come in handy for keeping your cat warm during the winter.
Moreover, the fabric is breathable and dirt-resistant. The hammock is strong and sturdy because it uses similar technologies as the other hanging hammocks on this list. That means stainless steel hooks that can hold up to twenty pounds with sturdy nylon straps.
The nylon straps are adjustable so that you can hang the hammock anywhere. These straps can extend to ten inches. The hammock is usually for indoor cats, but if you stick a bit of Scotchgard on it, you can hang it outside too.
You can wash the hammock by hand or by machine. If you’re using the latter, put the hammock in a wash bag first. I’d have preferred it if the top part had more structure. It’s pretty open, so you might have trouble getting your cat to try it out.
- 【Meet Multiple Colors & Size】: 18.5*14.96*10.6 inch; Max weight of each Level is 22lb. It could be extended 6 inches longer, giving the snap the total length of 10 inches.
- 【High quality durable materia】:The small pet hammock offers 2 Level for any season. The upper is made of cotton and linen is for summer,cooling during summer letting.The lower is made of faux lambswool is for winter offers unmatched warmth and comfort.No irritation to pet skin; as comfortable as the blankets people use on their own beds.
- 【Double-layer design】:Double layer design that accommodate two or more cats to play and rest at the same time.It can be hanged in the cage,and also can be hanged under the chair,or just put on the floor as a pet mat.And Cats naturally love to hide in covered spaces.it is an ideal product for you to save space.
- 【Easy to clean】: Hand wash or in washing machine; which makes it convenient to clean.because of the metal hooks, please using a washing bag to protect your washing machine from damage.the first time you use the cat hammock bed,recommend you to clean,make your pet feel comfortable and healthy.
- 【The best gift】: The hammock is a must have for any small pet cage,this small animal hammock is the best companion for pet hospitals, families and travel, And is best gift for cat,kitten, ferret,rabbit,guinea pig,chinchillas,raccoon or other small and medium animals.
6. Lcrunone Pet Hammock – Hammock/Cradle
The Lcrunone pet hammock is part of its new collection of pet products. The solid wood hammock doubles as a cradle. You can rotate the wooden blocks at the bottom when your cat feels like swinging.
The cradle features pine wood, so it’s very durable. Plus, the bottom is curved to ensure a non-slip design. The fabric is linen, which is breathable and soft for the cat. You can line it with fleece blankets in the winter for warmth.
The linen is removable, so you’ll have an easy time washing it. Just toss it in the machine, and you’re done. Moreover, the fabric dries quickly. Since the actual hammock is off the ground, your cat won’t get wet or cold, even if the floor is wet.
Assembling is easy if you follow the step-by-step instructions from the manual. They also add a screwdriver to the product for your convenience. If you still have trouble with assembly, search for an instructional video.
This hammock is portable, too, so you have the liberty of being able to move it around without any trouble. If you want the assembly to go faster, use a drill or an electric screwdriver. The included screw is helpful but makes the process harder than with the other gadgets. I still appreciate the thought of including the screwdriver, though.
- SWITCH BETWEEN CAT HAMMOCK AND CAT CRADLE: cat bed has four small wooden blocks under the hammock. You can turn the hammock into a cradle and a place for cats to play by rotating the blocks， which increases the practicality of the hammock.
- HIGH-QUALITY MATERIAL: The cat hammock bed is made of selected pine wood, which is hard and durable. The linen bed is breathable and strong. The bottom of the hammock also has a non-slip design, which is safe enough for cats.
- COMFORTABLE and DURABLE: As a cat's furniture, the removable and washable linen makes it more durable. The ventilation of the linen and the ground clearance of the hammock make the cat play and sleep more comfortably on it.
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE: cat bed is easy to assemble and disassemble. Every unit comes with a screwdriver for your easy-peasy assembly.
- FOR MOST TYPES OF CATS: Small Dogs, cats, and any other small pets you may have will love their new bed. Holds comfortably up to 10-22 lbs.
Factors to Consider Before Getting a Cat Hammock
There are some things you should keep in mind before purchasing a cat hammock. They are:
The location is the first thing you need to consider. See if you have any extra space you can use. Also, consider your current living arrangements. I wouldn’t recommend wall-mounted hammocks for rented spaces.
If you don’t have the luxury of space, go for hanging hammocks. You can get away with a window hammock if you have a bigger window. The most important thing is to consider this beforehand, so you don’t regret anything.
Most sellers don’t offer many sizing options. However, they do mention the dimensions of the product. Go through the dimensions and the weight limit for the products you get. If the seller doesn’t have the weight limit listed, ask for it. There’s no use in getting a hammock only to realize it won’t hold your cat.
Consider your space. If you are heavy on aesthetics, get a hammock style that matches your interior. Alternatively, you can match the hammock with your cat’s other things. If your cat is very active, I recommend building a wall that it can use to play around with.
The fabric material should be breathable. It doesn’t matter if it’s a bit thin since you can get fleece liners. Additionally, it should be soft so that it doesn’t irritate your cat.
Wooden hammocks are pretty durable, and they look fabulous. If you’re getting a metal hammock, be careful so it doesn’t rust. Plastic looks great, but it may not offer the best stability.
Design stability is essential for hammocks that are mounted. Get a stable hammock so your cat doesn’t fall and hurt itself. If you’re getting a window hammock, check to see if the suction cups are strong enough.
It mostly depends on the type of hammock you’re getting. Simple hanging hammocks with nylon straps generally cost around $10. However, wooden hammocks can go from $30 to $50.
If money is a problem, go for something simple that is functional. Make sure it’s still sturdy and won’t come apart after a night or two. All in all, you shouldn’t have too much trouble finding a pretty good hammock in the $30 to $50 range.
This is arguably the most effective way of gauging a product’s quality. When you’re buying the product, look for reviews. Keep an eye out for how other customers or users received the product and the quality of their experience. That way, you’re better equipped to make an informed decision.
Cleaning Your Cat Hammock
I recommend getting a hammock with removable fabric. These are the easiest to clean. If you can’t get those, clean the hammock using a lint roller to remove cat hair. Depending on the material, you can also use a damp cloth to clean it.
If your hammock comes with removable fabric, check the instructions before washing it. Some are machine washable, while others aren’t. The last thing you need is for the material to shrink because you didn’t wash it correctly.
Cat Won’t Get Into the Hammock
Your cat may not like the hammock at first. I recommend giving it some time. Who knows? Maybe your feline friend will come around. Try placing the hammock next to a scratching post to make it more attractive.
If your cat still doesn’t warm up to it, it may be time to look for different sleeping arrangements. In such cases, you can look for cat houses or beds. But I wouldn’t be surprised if the hammock became your cat’s favorite place the minute you gave up.
A good hammock can become your cat’s favorite thing in the world. That’s because they provide a great view. Plus, cats love feeling cozy when they’re sleeping.
There are several good options on the market. However, I’d say that you should go for the Junspow Cat Bed Hammock. I love this one because it offers everything I need and I get more placement options.
If your cat loves windows, go for the Pupagree Cat Window Hammock. This hammock is sturdy and has excellent suction power. The steel cables add to the safety factor.
Let me know which cat hammocks you use in the comments below!